Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 23 Blue Jays 8 Orioles 10






Well that was something wasn't it.  I got to start watching the game, and saw us jump out to an early 6-1 lead and just hoped we could wrap this up.  Hop in the car and the next thing you know, we're down.  Still was a great game to watch, 9th innings like that are what make baseball so amazing, flinching with every wind up.  It may be 162 games, but man it feels like that's the only game that matters in the moment.  So without further adieu, here is a pLI and WPA breakdown from last nights, well.....



                                                     Blue Jays 8  Orioles 10


Raise of my Jack filled boot: We are going back to back Bretts, this time of the Lawrie variety 36.2%

My boot in yer arse: Todd Redmond -46.3%...... That’s good right?
Dishonorable mention to Jonathan Diaz -33.8%

Lineup Contribution: 13.5%

Pitching Contribution: -63.5%
Highest Leverage AB: Diaz grounds into a double play with the bases loaded to end the game (7.36)

Highest Leverage Opponent AB: Nelson Cruz’s grand salami in the fifth. (3.75)





Highest Impact AB:  Diaz grounds into a double play with the bases loaded to end the game (-33.8%)

Highest Impact Pitch: Todd Redmond gives up a Grand Slam to Nelly Cruz in the fifth (-33.0%)





 
          pLI
       WPA
Jose Reyes
1.21
-0.016
Melky Cabrera
0.72
0.170
Jose Bautista
0.87
0.069
Edwin Encarnacion
1.45
-0.178
Juan Francisco
1.11
-0.078
Brett Lawrie
1.85
0.362
Colby Rasmus
1.36
-0.060
Josh Thole
1.98
0.090
Ryan Goins
0.48
-0.101
Jonothan Diaz
7.36
-0.338
Dioneer Navarro
0.95
0.164


0.135



Dustin McGowan
0.75
-0.215
Todd Redmond
1.88
-0.463
JA Happ
0.55
-0.018
Aaron Loup
0.82
0.043
Sergio Santos
0.33
0.019


0.635

Quick notes:
SP Lines:

Dusty: 4+IP    5H    6ER    1BB    5K 

Tillman: 5.2IP   9H   7ER   2BB    7K

I am a huge Dusty Chops fan, and want him to succeed more than anything.  He is after all the next Roger Clemens, right Zauny?  Anyways, comments after last night’s game really lead me to wonder how much longer this experiment goes on.  Last night McGowan admitted he starts to tire at 60-65 pitches. “Body just feels like it runs out of steam a little bit. I shouldn’t be feeling that." 

Oh Todd… what else is there to say.  I really like Redmond, mostly cause it sounds like Red Man, mmmmm……. But he is a good long relief man, that could go 2-3 innings of solid baseball.  I really wonder if bringing him in to get out of that jam was the best idea.  Would have much rather seen Loup there, or Wagner (only pitched to one batter last night) and went to him in a little bit better of a situation.

 
The Juan and only with the golden sombrero last night.  He is what he is though. (Mind if I bum a dip bud?)


Brett Lawrie had another big game (I swear it’s the stache) and appears to be heating up after some time with Alka Seitzer (see what I did there).  Brett has been clutch this year, as despite an Arencibia-esque avg. of .165, is tied for 5th and 6th in the AL in RBI’s and homeruns (respectively)



Wow.  I get to leave this beautiful one in from yesterday… Damn I love these guys: Bautista and Melky continue to roll leading the league in walks and hits, respectively.  Joey Bats is the only player in the MLB to reach safely in every game this season.
 
Anyone else love Reyes? I mean I know he struck out in the 7th, (-7.6% even though it felt bigger) but man, I forgive you <3
 
The black hole at second proved to be an issue again with Diaz hitting at the highest impact AB at the game after Thole had replaced Goins earlier, and Diaz defensively for Joshy.  Can’t help but wonder if someone else would have came through there.  (Hint, he’s JAPANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE)

Speaking of Thole, he has been a pleasant surprise so far this year.  After the game he talked to Shi Davidi about his change in approach, and even noted that last year, they could have just “put on out on the board”.  More on Josh Thole's approach change here. Plus, bonus ladies, he can be your hot catcher replacement with JPA long gone (thank you baby jesus).

 
Jays are back down to .500 (3-3) in them whites, while personally, with no support from me (no jersey) the Jays drop to a disgusting 1-3.
 
The now 11-10 Jays close out the series tonight at 5:07 MST with Hutch (3.60) chucking against Norris (4.42).

No comments:

Post a Comment